New Smyrna Beach Update
Information provided by Ocean Properties & Management Inc.
- Florida Hospital Memorial Medical Center – September 7, 2014 was the Grand Opening of the 31,200 sqft. outpatient facility located on the southeast corner of I95 and SR44.
- Swoope Boat Ramp – A new boat ramp opened March 5, 2014 which is located on US1 across from the Municipal Airport, 2495 N. Dixie Freeway. The ramp includes concrete floating docks, restrooms, a paved parking lot with parking spaces for 40 and cost around 1.5 million.
- New Central Fire Station – A $2.86 million, 11,500 square feet fire station is now open on SR44, just east of the old K-mart Shopping Center. The new Fire Station No. 50 will replace the city’s 66 year old station on Faulkner Street.
- Multi-Use Trail – Walkers, runners and riders have a new asphalt path to blaze. The trail spans 2.2 miles from West Pine Avenue just north of SR44 off Mission Road to Sugar Mill Drive. Parking is available at both ends and the 12-foot wide trail features a 125-foot bridge over Turnbull Creek with intermittent benches and trash receptacles.
- Riverwalk Condos at Coronado Island – Now under construction, 360 multi-family residential units and clubhouse to be located on the north side of the North Causeway, west of Quay Assisi. Silvestri Investement Group.
- New Smyrna Chevrolet – Now under construction a 34,368 sqft. Chevrolet dealership to be located on the northwest corner of Timberlane Drive and SR44, just west of HomeDepot.
- Tabby House – Downtown Luxury Brownstones will start construction in 2015. White Development Company is planning to build 18 single-family detached brownstone homes on about 1.4 acres. The property will be located at 103 Faulkner Street, across from City Hall—land that was once home to a skate park, shuffleboard and tennis courts.
- Community Redevelopment Approved – For areas located just north of the New Smyrna Beach Municipal Airport to Edgewater City Limits, including sections of the Historic Westside Neighborhood, the North Causeway and Canal Street as well as a section of SR44.
- Waterford Condominium – 19 multi-family units to be located at 807 S. Atlantic Avenue. Six floors of three-bedroom condos ranging from 1,854 – 3,088 square feet with pricing starting around $634,000.
- Norwoods Tiki Hut – A new 884 sqft. tiki hut is under construction and is located just outside Norwoods located at 400 East 3rd Avenue.
- Aldi – Aldi, German-owned company with stores in Europe and Australia, operates nearly 1,300 discount grocery stores in the United States. They plan to build a 17,000 sqft. store to be located on SR44 and Colony Park Road, across from the Murphy Express gas station that sits in front of Home Depot.
- Coronado Office Park – Two 12,000 sqft. medical buildings located on the south side of SR44 across the street from Mullinax Ford and just east of the ABC liquor. This should be an excellent addition to the SR44 corridor.
- Concordis Senior Living – Commissioners voted to rezone a 4-acre property at the northeast corner of Myrtle Avenue and SR44. Condordis Senior Living, an Ocala-based company, plans to build a much needed 90-plus bed assisted living facility.
- Florida Hospital & Bert Fish Sign Letter of Intent – Florida Hospital has signed a letter of intent to acquire Bert Fish Medical Center. IN the letter, Florida Hospital says it would provide a payment of $40 million and invest an additional $35 million over the next five year into our 112-bed public hospital. Florida Hospital has a plan that could eliminate hospital taxes entirely after seven years by creating an endowment to cover charity care.
- Geosam Buys 844 Acres of I-95 Frontage – Geosame Capital, the master developer of the Venetian Bay community bought a nearly 844-acre wooded tract along the east side of I-95. The Nova Scotia, Canada-based investment and development company paid $6 million for the property. The property, known as Pioneer Trails, is in unincorporated Volusia County and is approved for the development of up to 1,250 residential units and 340,000 sqft. of commercial space.
- New Road Under Construction – A new 4 lane road will be constructed from SR44, just south of HomeDepot, to Pioneer Trail.
- Ongoing discussions continue about the Hampton Inn & Crackle Barrel to be located near SR44 & I95.
Daytona Beach Update
- Trader Joe’s – A new 800,000 sqft. distribution center is now under construction for Trader Joe’s in Daytona on the eastside of I-95. The distribution center will service current and future grocery stores and create 450 jobs and bring another 100 related wholesale transportation/logistics jobs to the area.
- Residences at the Hard Rock Hotel Daytona Beach – Construction is now under way for the new Hard Rock Hotel and Café. The $100 million project will be located just one mile south of the Daytona Beach Pier. It’ll be equipped with 107 condos, a 250-seat restaurant, 360-space parking garage and four pools.
- Russian Condo/Hotel Project – A massive $150 million condo hotel project, the biggest beachside development in the city’s history, will be breaking ground in August 2015. Protogroup, a Russian Company, also own a chain of six supermarkets, a hotel in Montenegero, and four hotels in St. Petersburg, Russia. The company’s vision is to create a two 300-foot-plus towers on the oceanfront at the eastern tip of Oakridge Blvd. The project will include a 29-story condo building with 105 rooms, a 26-story hotel with 500 rooms and street-level shops fronting A1A.