The City of New Smyrna Beach has published the Economic Activity Report for August 2017. The report provides general information on new developments and initiatives.
Here is a summary:
Meeting dates are provided for important business regarding the Economic Development Advisory Board and the US1 Business Group. The report states that there is a new US1 Business Development Group similar to groups established for Canal Street, Flagler Avenue and Third Avenue.
Many private projects are moving forward:
- The French Quarter Grille (previously the Cork and Bottle on Canal Street)
- RaceTrac on State Road 44
- Spring Hill Suites by Marriott – completion set for Septemeber/October 2017
- Canal Street Pavillion
Many interesting state/county projects:
- New parking lot north of City Hall
- State Road 44 sewer line (assessment) – between Hidden Pines & Glencoe Rd