The City of New Smyrna Beach has published the Economic Activity Report for December 2017. The report provides general information on new developments and initiatives.
Here is a summary:
- A discussion of the brand new hotels that have been built (Hampton Inn & Marriott Spring Hill Suites) and future plans for the Hyatt Place Hotel proposed on Third Ave.
- A European car sales business is now open at 208 Magnolia.
- US1 Revitalization receives “Brownfield Area” designation
Many private projects are moving forward:
- NEW New Smyrna Chrysler Jeep Dodge on State RD 44 is OPEN.
- Proposed expansion of Publix on State RD 44 (across from Harley Davidson)
- New office building at 1890 State Rd 44 (east end of Publix plaza)
Many interesting state/county projects:
- US1 work from Julia St to Andrews St: FDOT improving Canal St intersection and adding drainage
- FDOT study for pedestrian path from State Rd 44 to Daytona Beach