The City of New Smyrna Beach has published the Economic Activity Report for May 2017. The report provides general information on new developments and initiatives.
Here is a summary:
Meeting dates are provided for important business regarding the Trolley Workshop, Southeast Volusia Entrepreneur Group and the US1 Business Group. The report states that US1 is a focal point for planning improvements including information about the new Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA).
Many private projects are moving forward:
- The Crow’s Nest (formally Barracuda’s location)
- New Smyrna Beach Brewing Company renovating former law offices on Canal Street
- Off the Wall Wine & Art Gallery opening soon at 109 N Causeway
- Riverwalk Condos on N Causeway continues construction
- 4 houses of Tabby House are under construction
- Half Wall Brewery on State Rd 44 (former Pub 44) undergoing major renovation
Many interesting state/county projects:
- New parking lot north of City Hall
- SR44 sewer line assessment
- Landscaping (damaged during Hurricane Matthew) at I-95 & State Rd 44 will be replaced
- Brand new Brannon Center is open and available for rentals